Thursday, January 1, 2009

Start the magic

Ok onto day two, but before I get started I must apologize to my buddies that live down in Florida. These two guys and I served together in Germany many, many, many years ago. And the plan was to meet up with them when we arrived to Orlando. However, as things would have it and with it being so close to Christmas, things just got away from us and we didn’t get Chance to meet. Hopefully next time we can get together and have a good time. I just wish I could remember their names. Actually the one of them is Trent’s God Father, and he is Juan Ortega Gonzales Alberto Martin Diaz Smith, a good Irish lad from some kind of beach in Florida, and the other is Rick (insert last name here) from yet another beach somewhere in Florida. I promise that the next time we are there we will have to get together with Al. And from there we will make the trek to the Florida Maximum security facility for the criminally incompetent, to visit Rick.

Anyway after a short five hour nap we were up at the crack of dawn so that we could get the Magic Kingdom before the crowds did. We skipped breakfasted, loaded the bus and were on our way. This will be the start to picture portion of the Blog. I took almost 700 pictures so I thought I would start using them. I must warn some of you guys that none of the pictures you that you see are scratch and sniff. Plus I know that some of you guys like to have pictures to look at. So here we go.




Ok so of all the times that we have been to the World, we have never witnessed this event before. The opening of the park, WOW!!, I mean can you feel it. Actually I Really don't think the people present felt too much due to the fact that it was so early in the morning. Add to the fact we didn't get to sleep to well after mid-night. And yes we will probably do it again next time.



Mom found Stich soon after entered the park. I think she likes stich so much because he reminders of me. I can't Prove it.


See More proof, even Kaitlin thinks that Stich is pretty cool Still cant prove it completely.


After standing in line, for almost an hour, being shrunk down to only five inches, and given special photo pass cards, we finally arrived at Fairy Hollow. I really dont mind the wait, because Reese always finds someone to talk to, and its about this time when people start to show thier stress level. The old guys really dont under stand the minds of thier granddaughters and let ever one know just how upset they are, loudly. This is how pass the time in the lines, watching people lose it. On a side note, Trent had to work so was not able to be with us, he really didn't seem to mind until I showed him the pictures of the fairies to which he replied, "Hey, Fairies are pretty Hot!!' So that is why, I picked this picture.





We had dinner at the Crystal Palace, and almosted exploded. Plus Reese loves Tigger. It is a buffet, but the food is out of this world. The only thing that I must warn you about is the oversized ladies in thier eletric scooters. Dont get between them and the buffet line, you might be killed.

That is about it for Day one, I thought I had taken a picture of the Main Street when it opened, but I guess I didn't. I want to show you a before and after picture. oh well there is always next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, keep them coming.
Did you get the ones of Kaitlin and waking up Tinkerbell, and trent with the princesses?
Wishing you a Happy new year. MOM