
Ok, so get this, since I did such an awesome job on Reese's surprise birthday party, I have decided to throw another one. That's right I am becoming the ultimate neo maxi zoom dweeby (reference the breakfast club) when it come to parties. As a matter of fact this last weekend Reese and I attended the Sweet 16 gala of one Jennifer Marina, Thing 2's bestest friend in the whole wide world. Jennifer Marina is known to Thing 2 as Beaner, so from hence forth Jennifer will be referred to as Beaner. Jennifer refers to Thing 2 as Cracker. However to prevent any confusion Thing 2 will still be known as Thing 2 and not as the for mentioned Cracker. I should be a lawyer. Any who back to the party, Beaner being a somewhat Latina teenager who speaks very little Spanish and wanting nothing but the best requested a Chocolate fountain, and a Dr. Pepper fountain for her ever so sweet 16th birthday party. Now if have read my blogs in the past you should remember about the rules of Dr. Pepper and Texas teens, you know the whole nectar of gods thing. Everything was decorated with care, the D.J. was set and ready and the throngs of mentally challenged teens were beginning to arrive. Karin, Beaner's mother or Madre, was showing signs of stress. And so I asked,
"Karin, what seems to be the problem"?
Karin just looked at me and said,
"The freaking fountains don't work, the cake is lopsided and Jennifer
(Beaner) is getting upset"!!
I smiled and said what everyone would say in this situation,
"Are they plugged in"?
The evil glare that I got from Mamma Marina told me that yes, in fact, they
were plugged in. I then asked the next trouble shooting question in my
arsenal,
"Did you read the instructions"?
Another evil glare. So I decide I would have a look see and try to fix the fountains. I picked up the chocolate fountain and found that when I moved it made a "CLUNK" sound and deduced that the motor had become dislodged. So I found a screwdriver and began to disassemble the chocolate fountain.Meanwhile, Karin was on her cell phone calling the party store about the Dr.Pepper fountain. As I was working at the task at hand I overheard Karin andbegan to laugh,
"Yes the freaking fountain is plugged in"!!!!! She was really upset.
And
"What instructions? You never gave me any freaking instructions"!!
After a short while, I had the chocolate fountain up and running like a champ. The chocolate flowed and I was very pleased with myself. I then turned my attention to the Dr. Pepper fountain. It was a lot easier to fix. All I had to do was prime the pump and soon the fountain spewed forth the sweet nectar and the Texas teens all squealed with glee. I had to taste the
liquid gold to make sure it was ok and discovered that when you feed any carbonated beverage through a fountain, all the carbonation is left behind, so in a since I was drinking the wonderful syrup of the Dr. Pepper. Anyway, my efforts made a young girls sweet 16 birthday party just that much brighter. And that is why I have decided to throw myself my very own Surprise party in June or July. I haven't decided exactly which month yet because I am trying to really surprise myself. So when you read this don't ask how the party planning is going because you will give it away. The plan is to set everything up and then forget about it. You are all invited to come if you can make it. And I plan on having a nacho fountain and a beer fountain. We will play games like," pin the target on the Taliban", "Name that Jihadist" and my personal favorite "Eat it, drink it or bury it". I will keep you posted.


1 comment:
Nacho fountain... Count me in!!!
Post a Comment