Saturday, June 27, 2009

GET OFF MY CASE

Get off my Case!!!!

Ok relax already I am writing a blog. I usually write this thing when we have done something of interest, now that school is out there has been nothing to write about. So in order to appease the masses I will from here on out just ramble on about a bunch of mindless drivel that may only be important to me. I may throw in a few pictures here and there and at times I may ever, believe it or not, make some stuff up. Hopefully this will get everyone off my back and then they will stop leaving messages on my phone about the absence of the Blog.

Thing 2

Thing 2 has moved from the freshman class, to the sophomore class. She had a busy end of year routine that really kept her jumping. She tried out for the Pride of Cove Wind ensemble and won a place in the band as a bass clarinet. When I figure out what that is I will let you know. The cool thing is that whenever they perform she will get to wear the long black formal gown, which is more gooder better than wearing the tradition Band uniform. She and the rest of the band played at the Class of 2009 graduation ceremony. It was a fairly large class and the band was required to play the Graduation March until the entire senior class was seated. Needless to say, she cannot stand the song anymore.

Thing 2 also made her annual trip to Kansas to spend time with her Nana. She is having fun but I think she is ready to come home. I have found that the women in life do not like to be away from me for too long. I really don’t think that it is a love thing; I believe it has something to do with the fact that I am great cook and maybe it is due to the fact that I smell pretty good most of the time. Anyway she is headed back to the, AT THIS TIME EVERYONE STAND, Great State of Texas, YALL AND SIT BACK DOWN NOW, as we speak. She is coming home to; STAND, Texas, SIT, with her nana and her Aunt Debbe. Soon her summer will be over when band camp starts. She loves to march with the band and I know that she is looking forward to it. She will be home in time for my very bestest and most goodest surprise birthday party which I have been planning now for the past 4 months. If I pull it off I will be really surprised.

Trent Ryan Jones

Trent, formally known as Thing 1, will be home on the 30th of June. He loves living in Orlando for two reasons. One, he is living on his own and two, he is no longer considered a tourist in Florida. He hasn’t started school yet but it is still on his radar. Hopefully he will begin in November of 2009. So he too will be coming home to the, STAND, to the Great state of Texas, SIT, in time for my very bestest and most goodest surprise birthday party which I have been planning now for the past 4 months. If I pull it off I will be really surprised. With Trent being the all time leading expert on movie theaters, he will have a chance to check our brand new movie theater in Copperas Cove. I think he will love it because it serves real food right to your theater seat, and I like it because you can get a bucket of Beer. How cool is that. This is the kind of thing you can only experience in, STAND, Texas, and SIT.


Lumen Gentium

So about three months ago, I come home to find Reese, holding a letter and crying. I caringly ask her what was wrong to which she handed me the letter and said,

“It’s from the Bishop”!

First I thought that maybe we had been excommunicated from the church, then I thought maybe that the Bishop could not attend my very bestest and most goodest surprise birthday party which I have been planning now for the past 4 months. If I pull it off I will be really surprised. But, that was not the reason for the tears either. Apparently Reese and I had been awarded the Lumen Gentium award from the Church. Lumen Gentium mean “light of the world”, I guess we are like flash lights or something. Father Jim wrote this.

Dear Parishioners:
I am very happy to tell you that Randy and Cherise Jones were given the Lumen Gentium (Light of the World) award this last Wednesday by Bishop Aymond. This is a diocesan award that honors outstanding service and ministry to the Church.


Their faithful and unfailing dedication to the RCIA program over the past years is well known by many of you. Please offer them congratulations and a few words of thanks for what they have done in a most loving and dedicated way over the years.

I would also like to recognize our musicians and choir that participated in the Lumen Gentium award ceremony. They did a great job.

Your brother in Christ,
Father Jim


He said it better than I could have. And soon after this letter Father Jim informed me that he would not be able to attend my very bestest and most goodest surprise birthday party which I have been planning now for the past 4 months. If I pull it off I will be really surprised.
Well I hope that appeases some of you for now. I promise that in the future I will write more. Right now I must prepare for my very bestest and most goodest surprise birthday party which I have been planning now for the past 4 months. If I pull it off I will be really surprised. If you plan on attending I must tell you this about my very bestest and most goodest surprise birthday party which I have been planning now for the past 4 months. If I pull it off I will be really surprised. I have no idea when or where it will be, and I don’t know who is coming. I do know that the admission is Wal-Mart gift cards. How easy is that?

No comments: