Sunday, December 28, 2008

Joneses conquer Disney World........again part 1

Just so you know, I am still learning this whole new blog thing, so if things dont seem right or if they look out of place it is probably you and not me. Now there is a lot to cover over the week so I will more than likely just break it up with a couple of post here and there over the week in order to get everything in. ok? so sit down shut up, turn off the cell phone, lock the door, and read.
We left last Friday and headed out early in the morning. the hardest part of the journey is getting out of Texas, it takes about 5 hours just to cross the state line. Now yall know my feelings about Texas drivers and I have given some of the rules of the road, but I found out some new things during out trip. Apparently it is ok for us here in Texas to drive while smoking, talking on the cell phone, and drinking a beer while traveling on a major highway at 40 MPH, in the left lane all at the same time. Also if you have an RV, it is ok for your youngin's to ride up on the dash board of the vehicle in their underwear. I know its pretty cool, I think the rule is that the kids have to be between the ages of 3 and 6 in order to remain within the law. I also decide that next year I will have my camera at the ready at all times, because I think some of may believe that I am making this stuff up.
We finally made to the Great State of Louisiana, and if you thought that things were odd in Texas, then you need to go to Louisiana. first I would not recommend gassing up and get something to eat before you cross the state line. Not that the gas is bad, it just takes awhile for the cajuns to figure out the gas pump. They sure to talk funny when they are trying to figure out what buttons to push and where the hose thing goes. As far a eating, I have it under good authority that it is perfectly legal to cook anything that flies, jumps, swims,crawls,barks, growls, howls and most of the time good cook'n meat is usually found along side of the road. And the most interestering reason to gas up and eat before you cross the state line is due to the fact that most of I-10 is one long bridge from Texas to Mississippi. You are actually traveling over a swamp. Cool I know. The one major caution that I will give you is this, never try to pronouce the names post on street signs, billboards, cities, Reese tried this time and developed a sprained jaw, and swollen tounge, was pretty painful.
Mississippi is pretty boring, there really isnt anything to say about it, so I won't, now I know that many of you over the years have often said yourselves, " Where sould we spend our long deserved vaction?" and the first place you think of is Biloxi. And I am sorry if I may have offended you.
Everytime we enter Alabama, Reese breaks into the the 50 State song. If you have never heard it before then you didn't pay attention in 3rd grade class. The next time you talk to her ask her to sing it for you you. Kaitlin knows it too, but she will charge you to sing it. Now the messed up thing about Alabama, is not the drivers, it is the morons that built the highways through Mobile. For some reason the built a tunnel under the bay. the highways heading up to the tunnel are all four lanes. the tunnel is only two lanes, yeah you get the pictures, now you add this to the fact that a lot of my fellow Texans travel this route, and that there is one sign warning you of this lane shortage 500 feet from the tunnel, and the Texans are busy with kids on the dash board, smoking, drinking and trying to phonetically read the warning sign, you are bound to see a pretty nice wreck. This was our 3rd trip from Texas and 3rd time seeing a wreck.
Florida is the billboard state, I love the fact that they have a many signs for Disney, Busch Gardens, Sea World, NASA, and the very next sign following them is a sign, for Lipstick the ultimate Gentlemens Club. You will be also glad to know that they serve a daily lunch buffet and that couples are weclome. So if you are planning a trip soon, maybe you can make time for a quick lunch. You and the misses can eat lunch while the kids stay on the dash board. The most important thing that I can pass onto you is this, if you are from one of the northern states I would highly recommend obeying the speed limit. Most of the cars I saw pulled over had New York, Illinois, etc, plates while the southern cars went zooming by.
Well that is the end of part one. I will continue later..............................

1 comment:

Big Sister said...

Thanks for the update! You know there is an alternate way of travel with nearly equal the "fun" experiences to share... Just ask mom about her travel experience back to Kansas City ... where here arrival time of 10:00 pm turned into 12:30 am! Oh, what fun it is to ride - maybe by sleigh?